Welcome to 'Lincolnshire Flower School'
The Garden Florist offers a range of Leisure Classes and Professional Training in Floristry, Horticulture and Garden Design. Our classes are aimed at all levels (unless otherwise stated in the course description), to be creative, challenging, inspiring but most of all enjoyable!
Our style is working with seasonal flowers, taking inspiration from our surroundings and working to sustainable practices to create relaxed styled arrangements using our own cut flowers.
Our teaching and learning style is aimed to ensure you feel inclusive, engaged, inspired and confident in your learning,
Come and join us! In person - ONSITE, ONLINE or in our MEMBERSHIP for 'Cut Flowers & Floristry'
ARE THESE CLASSES FOR ME?
- The perfect class for those who just wish dabble into something creative with no experience required.
- Spoil yourself or a friend with a relaxed styled class where everything is provided along with the chance for a sociable chat, a cuppa and some nibbles.
- Browse our on site shop filled with gifts, florist treats, plants and creative ideas!
- Have a wander into the cut flower garden to see what were growing or to meet our residential Peacock
- Our WORKSHOP GIFT CARD voucher is the perfect gift for a friend who loves their garden or simply arranges flowers in their home.
- Still not sure? Why not try one of our seasonally run 'Flower Arranging Taster Classes' a short class designed to let you see what were all about here at The Garden Florist.
SEE OUR LATEST AUTUMN & CHRISTMAS CLASSES BELOW
SHOULD I INVEST IN A PROFESSIONAL CLASS?
Yes, most definitely as learning never stops! Investing in your training can totally reconnect you to your business or support you in starting your a business.
- Our professional training classes aim to provide you with clear teaching and learning to achieve your identified objectives.
- Business success comes in many forms and our professional classes help you to identify confidently your business journey.
- Our professional classes enable you to develop new skills and knowledge to support your individual and business growth.
We offer a range of pathways including 1:1 Coaching, Masterclasses and training courses specifically for those looking to enter into the 'Cut Flower and Floristry' industry.
- Our classes range from a one day course to attending the whole week with us.
- We welcome calls to discuss your journey to ensure our class is the most suitable for you!
Remember, we're also travelling on our own business journey and we wish to share the pathway with you!
Our workshops and classes are held in the Old School set within the historic stone village of Blankney. The Old School backs onto the idyllic setting of where Blankney Hall once stood. With the remains of the garden, sweeping driveway and most impressive stables the full history and character provides a truly inspirational setting for relaxing and learning!
Each workshop/class is hosted by the garden florist and tutored by the garden florist unless advertised as ‘guest lecturer’ within the description. A wealth of skills and knowledge are incorporated into each planned session by the garden florist who has worked within the industry for over 20 years. This career has enabled the garden florist to work as a Florist, Gardener, Garden Designer, Lecturer and Curriculum Manager. It’s this dedication to the industry and education that has enabled the garden florist to work with learners to achieve the coveted RHS Medals at both the Chelsea Flower Show and BBC Gardeners World Show.
| So you could say she knows a thing or two about plants and flowers!
The love of garden flowers, the changing seasons and nature’s natural beauty is incorporated into all workshops with the use of many seasonal flowers and foliage’s. Learners are encouraged to identify the plant types within their own surroundings, gaining knowledge on their maintenance and use in both Horticulture and Floristry. It’s this combination of Horticulture and Floristry that really does make the garden florist unique!